From new format golf, through doping in combat sports, to MPs asking NGBs to do more to tackle homophobia in school sport, here is 7 from 7 – the headlines you might have missed this week.
- Golf is shaking things up with a new format and, by the looks of things, fireworks. Daring to be different.
- Men and women train together at a football club. In Australia. Fair dinkum.
- How match-fixing is being tackled over the pond. As some sports tighten up integrity, those remaining become more of a target.
- The Culture, Media and Sport Committee has recommended that NGBs do more to tackle homophobia in school sport.
- Table tennis has struck a new deal with SPORTbible to broadcast its national champs. Its last live stream of the sport reached 2.2m people.
- Too much kit selection is by ‘feel’. Read how the Australians are adding science and data into choice of weapon.
- Why doping in combat sports can mean the difference between leaving the ring dead or alive.
To get 7 from 7 straight in your inbox each week, sign up here.