From Sport England’s new Active Lives survey, through some important sports broadcasting news, to the ethics of taking tips from the commentators, here are the sports headlines you might have missed this week.
- Curiously ignored in most media, Sport England’s new Active Lives survey results were released this week.
- What are the ethics of the commentator offering tips to the coach? It happened in Oz this week.
- Sky will be showing Tough Mudder this year, a model which opens up new opportunities for mass participation events and their sponsors.
- In another significant broadcasting story, Pitchero is using its simple tech to make sure that a whole non-league football league is broadcast.
- Call the sheriffs. The Maracana has had its electricity turned off because of unpaid bills. Some legacy.
- Sports Coach UK has taken over REPs in its entirety
- Basketball player mislays vital part of anatomy on court. Eugh.
To get 7 from 7 straight in your inbox each week, sign up here.